Texas CHL Scoring
Scoring shots is a simple matter of counting the number of rounds or "hits" on the paper and assessing each with a point value.
Since proficiency is attained at 175 points (70%), it is most beneficial to place your first 20 rounds at the 3 yard mark and the next 20 at the 7 yard mark in the 5 point area.
- Hits within the 8 ring (red) are 5 points.
- Hits within the 7 ring (yellow) and outside the 8 ring (red) are 4 points.
- Hits outside the 7 ring and still on the silhouette are 3 points.
- Hits in the white area are 0 points.
- If a hit "cuts" the line it is considered to be the next highest point range.
- If a hit cuts the silhouette it is considered to be 3 points.
- If multiple hits are obviously in the same area and in a scorable point range, it is assumed that all 50 rounds have been accounted for and unaccounted rounds are assessed at 5 points each.