Texas CHL Rates & Registration
You may complete our online Registration Form to register for an upcoming class. Registration form and payment must be received prior to the requested class date to ensure seating. Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Training (CHL-100) which is required by the DPS to file an application for a Concealed Handgun License.
You may complete the online state application process prior to or after attending the class.
Active and retired military, fire fighters, police and immediate family members may qualify to attend at a reduced price. Contact TexasCHL.us for details.
First time applicants: $99
Initial 4 to 6 hr class includes:
- Classroom Instruction
- Student Notebook (Download)
- TxCHL Laws Handbook (Download)
- Range Proficiency
- Range Fees
- DPS Required B27 Target
- Find Local Fingerprint Services
What You Will Need to Bring:
Student Notebook (Print Here)
YOU CANNOT QUALIFY ON THE RANGE WITHOUT THESE ITEMS. (Print Checklist)
- Your handgun of
at least .32 caliber (9mm and .380 are acceptable). DO NOT BRING YOUR FIREARM INTO CLASS. Leave it secured in your vehicle out of sight until we arrive at the range. All weapons and magazines should be UNLOADED before approaching the range area. An accidental discharge while loading, unloading or handling your weapon may be grounds for not receiving proficiency certification.
- All handguns should be in good repair and have no modifications that would make the weapon less safe. (please make sure your weapon is working properly and will operate without malfunction PRIOR to the class)
- Make sure you are familiar with your handgun.
- Make sure you zero your handgun as there is no time allotted in class for this.
- Ammunition - a minimum of 50 rounds (SAAMI* Specification) is required.
NO RELOADED AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Blount, Inc., C.C.I.
- Hornady Mfg. Co.
- Federal Cartridge Co.
- Remington Arms Co.
- Fiocchi of America, Inc.
- Accurate/Ultra Max
- 4W Ammunition
- Black Hills
- Eye protection (prescription glasses with plastic lenses are acceptable).
- Ear protection (full over-ear type recommended).
- Head cover - cap or hat that will cover the head and the area toward the face (such as a baseball cap).
- Closed toed shoes and socks (absolutely no sandals)
**Passport photos can be obtained at any location such as Walgreens, WalMart, FedEx Kinkos, etc.
*Sporting Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Institute